Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2011

Le Tour

We are half way in dear friends.
Half way in what? Tour de Fleece of course!
During Tour de France, the cycling event, you know the one, right? The one where people can actually die participating. There were quite a few scary crashes so far and even some winners of stages were unexpected!
And yet, while I do not care who will win the yellow jersey or the green one, I am a HUGE polka dot watcher. For those of you who do not follow... Polka dot jersey is given to best climbers, i.e. people who do not get heart attack after 200km of riding their bike up the steep hill. I will, of course make sure you get to see what I have been up to during Le Tour, but I want to leave this till it is over. But the hill of spun yarn is getting slowly bigger even though my hand decided to take few days off. Well, at least I got some ironing done with the other hand LOL
So, if you are spinners, you can still join in on www.ravelry.com
I can be found in 3 teams on regular basis:
Team Hopelessly Overcommited (of the same named knitting forum)
Team Bacon Waffle (full of infamous members of The Very Longest Ferdinand)
Team Bring Me a Shrubbery (well, you guessed it, right? Knitters who say "Ni")

3 comments:

  1. Afraid I missed the fleece, and the polka dots.

    But will happily join the first team on your list of 'hopelessly Overcommited' if thats ok:)

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should go back to school with that spelling. Take up spinning Lynda and you are IN! I would love to see you in our team as well as in team labrador ;-)- which I am not in, but I guess you would be if you spun ;-)

    ReplyDelete